Monday, December 18, 2006

A Quickie

My cousin is two years old and is most definitely the cutest two year old terror around. She has three siblings - the oldest who is 12, then the next who is 11, and then the almost 7 year old. Needless to say, she has learned a lot from them.

"Whatever"

"What the heck?!"

"You scared the crap out of me"

... Those are only three of the phrases we've been hearing the last few days. Some of the time, it's hilarious. Other times, not so good. But how is a two year old supposed to know when it's appropriate to say "whatever"?

She is definitely "my girl" though - she loves her cousin! I hum this little song to her and have ever since she was a baby. The other day, she climbed up into my lap and since I thought she was tired, I started to hum it. She said, "Amer (this is what she calls me), don't sing that!" I said, "why not?" and she goes, "cuz it makes me sleepy." Later that same day, she once again climbed up into my lap to be rocked and held, but this time she was ready for night-night because she said, "Amer, sing my song to me please?" So. Cute!

I adore this child in case you haven't gotten that by now.

Apparently, we are going down to GJ for Christmas this year. My aunt and uncle like the kids to wake up in their own beds on Christmas Day because of "santa." My parents are going down on Friday, but I think I'll go down Saturday night. It would be nice to have a night to myself with no one around; just relaxing with a bottle of wine and a good book or a movie night.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to study when your little cousin keeps coming up with a ball and wanting to play? Or wants you to watch "her baby." Or wants to sit in your lap and turn the pages of your book while you're trying to read about the immune system and all the various cells that make it up. I did; however, get done with Lesson 11 last night and I got a 100% on the exam which made me really happy. Only two more unit lessons on Anatomy/Physiology, then I am DONE with it and on the home slide toward my degree. WOOHOO!

I finally convinced Teresa to do something with her GI Bill that will pay for her college and she is going to get her AA in Criminal Justice. At least to start with - I think she'll eventually get her Masters, but for now, it's enough that she is challenging herself. She's been bored and unhappy with her current job for a long time and I'm way excited for her!

It's going to be a busy week. I have to work today, tomorrow, and Wednesday. Thursday I have to go down to C to pick up Danyella and the girls. We're going to get a big congratulations cake, flowers, and balloons for my mom's surprise party later that night. I have to turn in the list of who is eating what so the cook can order what they need. I have to get through my last two lessons so I am not stressing about school over the holidays. I'm baby-sitting during the day until my mom gets home from school to take over with Angel. I have to finish my Christmas shopping this week and get the rest of the presents wrapped.

I think I need to make a "to-do" list. I always do better with lists and organization. I'm a bit of a control freak like that. I bought a different color of Christmas wrapping paper for each person and wrapped all their presents in that specific color. Then numbered the presents in order that they are to open them, with each person getting a "wild card" present that they can open at any time.

Anyway, as far as my old journal goes. It really pisses me off that I had to delete it - I had finally felt like I found my "blogging home" again after the catastrophe of diary-x. But when random people from your hometown find your blog, then try to use the information in it against the people you love - or at least care about - what can you do? I had to do what I did to protect them and their jobs. I didn't advertise my blog address, but I do trust people too easily. A lesson that needs to get from my head to my heart because more often than not, I get burned by trusting people.

I was raised to believe that everyone is pretty much good and to give people the benefit of the doubt. But life and experience is trying to teach me the opposite of that. I guess there's a difference in believing that, but also making people EARN your trust and your respect.

I just pray that deleting my entire "internet life" and starting over with a completely new name that is untraceable to anything else will be enough to avert any drama that may try and come into play. Without the hard copies of those things, I guess it would be impossible to prove anything - it's all heresy. Keep your fingers crossed...

Well, I have to get back to the ketchup-covered two year old that just finished her lunch. I will try to update as often as I can this week, but it's going to be hectic. And I have to figure out this new template and where to add links. Just bear with me! Next week should mark the start of things calming down; but with my life, who knows? There always seems to be something!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I find the crush of youthful idealism wholly depressing. There are just too many douchebags in the world...

M said...

your cousin sounds soooo cute :D

SuvvyGirl said...

The cuteness of little ones is what I'm looking forward to when baby finally arrives. I'm sure your new blog will work out fine.

Unknown said...

Why? Why? WHY? Why did you have to set it up in beta-blogger again? Tis evil!!!

Your cousin is the same age as my nephew, but he hates when anyone picks him up, usually, and thinks everything is a gun. BANG :P

Anonymous said...

It sucks having to move your blog but I'm glad you didn't decide to just give it up entirely.

Mr. Guinness said...

Ok, finally caught up with you again. The one funky thing about bloging is that folks just go "poof" and they are gone, like they never existed. (that's a scary thing!)
Suvvy frwarded me you new blog address. Glad you're ok.

Anonymous said...

represent nice site -

[url=http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-tramadol-tramadol-1] tramadol withdrawal [/url]

http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-tramadol-tramadol-1
[url=http://www.young-dro.com/profiles/blogs/buy-cheap-tramadol-tramadol-1] generic tramadol [/url]