Friday, December 22, 2006

There Should Be A Law Against This...

Really. I'm serious.

There should be a law against getting sick three days before Christmas.

I woke up this morning at 6:30am after going to bed around 1:30am and I could not breathe. I turned on the light and grabbed frantically at my purse to get my inhaler out and it gave me a little relief. Enough to where I stopped panicking, thinking I was going to die. I heard my mom up and about downstairs so I groggily went down there and tried to tell her I was sick. But my voice was hoarse, gravelly, and the words seemed to be stuck in my chest. I had to cough a few times - I'll spare ya the details about that - before I could finally talk to where she could understand me.

Lungs on fire. Can't hardly breathe. Tried to drink water and it made me sick. So thirsty. Need doctor's appointment, please?

My mom felt my head and I vaguely remember her saying, "Oh My God, Amber! You're burning up!" Then I went and passed out in her bed. Meanwhile, she got me in at 9am with Dr. T and I was awakened at half past eight to get my shoes on and tell them where my keys were at. My dad started my car and warmed it up for me and then I drove my not-very-happy-ass-because-I-hate-being-sick up to the doc and told her what was going on with me. I knew something was up when she took a full five minutes listening to my lungs through my back instead of the cursory, six, "breathe deep's."

"Your lungs are crackling and popping, especially on the right side. Onset of pneumonia - good thing you came in today and didn't wait a few more days before coming in or it would have became a full-fledged case and I probably would have had to have you admitted into the hospital."

I guess that means I'm a lucky girl. And I'm a freakin' genius for going to the doctor; especially when you feel like you can't breathe and your lungs are on fire and you feel like you've just been tackled by a Green Bay Packer lineman! Yay! for being smart... haha.

*Please note that the last part of that is just me being sarcastic. I tend to get very sarcastic and a wee bit cranky when I am sick.

Anyway, they gave me a Z-Pack so I should start feeling better in the next day or two. And she gave me some Phenegren (anti-nausea medicine) so I'll stop having the urge to vomit every time I try and get myself hydrated. Apparently, your stomach doesn't like it much when ick is draining into it from your sinuses and lungs. Who would have thought it?

One last thing before I go take a hot bath, climb into my favorite, well-worn, comfortable, pajamas, and settle down to watch a movie and get S-L-E-E-P. This is a very serious question, everyone.

Is it just me...

... or is Google taking over the world??? HAHAHAHA!

Pinky and the Brain is flashing through my head now. And really, I'm only kidding. But the three sites I visit the most for "fun" on the internet is now powered by Google. My email (gmail) - but that was established before they became more than just my favorite search engine. Now they have taken over blogspot and myspace. Who knows what is next? *Dun dun dun dun...*

Just kidding.

I love Google but in my sleep-starved, sick, state - it's taking on a sinister, Big Brother, type of... thing.

Err... yeah. It's time for a bath, jammies, and bed. I'll be feeling better tomorrow as I REFUSE to be sick on Christmas.

Fuck you, pneumonia. You may have won THIS battle, but you won't win the war!!

*Cue manic laughter*

Oh my God... I should not be allowed near my laptop right now. Forgive me, Internet, for I have just posted quite possibly the most retarded entry ever.

Good night and Merry Christmas to all!!! (If I am whisked off to GJ before I am able to post again).

1 comment:

M said...

oh lordy, you certainly don't do things by halves do you? ;) I hope you feel better for Chrissie and have an astounding one! *squish*