Thursday, January 18, 2007

Dreams, Foot Treatments, and Friends

Last night, while I was falling asleep, for some reason, I was mentally composing an entry regarding blowjob etiquette. I have no idea why.

Then I had dreams. Strange, disturbing, dreams - but ones that left me with warm, gushy, lovey-dovey, feelings. I woke up and my first thought, which is amazing in and of itself as I do not think in the morning was: I dreamed of romance. I can't remember exact scenarios, it's more bits and pieces, like a flash of memory or something. A strong hand reaching for mine, the sound of laughter, the feeling of butterflies that come with soft, gentle, kisses. The kind that tell a woman, "you're treasured and cherished. You're beautiful and I just want to savor everything about you." And when I awoke, alone in my bed, my heart was achy. I wanted to feel like I felt in my dream again - in my dreams, that lonliness you do your best not to pay attention to, was absent.

I had things to do today, no time to dawdle in bed, feeling wistful for what was only a reality in a dream. So I got up after Teresa's Redhead removed his hand from my ass and they went downstairs - their work in waking me up, done. We visited for a while and then it was time to go to our appointment.

I did my morning ritual of getting ready sans the make-up. I threw my hair into a messy ponytail, slipped on my sneakers, grabbed my jacket, and was throwing my digi into my purse when I heard my mom call up the stairs, "are you ready?" "Coming!" I hollered back. Then I was running down the stairs and we were out the door, walking over to the salon. We'd decided to have these Feet Ionization treatments done. I'd heard about them before but never really believed that it could do what they said and it seemed like an experience.

The "treatment" involves sticking your bare feet into a tub that is lined with a plastic bag. It's filled with warm, distilled, water and plain sea salt is added. Then they put this electric ionization thing into it, turn it on, and leave you for thirty minutes to stare at what is happening to your feet.

It was seriously the craziest thing I have ever seen! The perfectly clear water started turning color. In a matter of minutes, the whole foot tub is the color of... really concentrated urine. Like when you have a kidney or bladder infection. It's the only way I can think to describe it. Then literally chunks of crap start coming out. The point of it is to pull all the toxins from your body that is left over from the things you put into it - like smoking, bad foods, extra yeast, extra minerals your body isn't using, etc. I've heard stories of slivers of metal coming out and even a worm after you've done it for a while.

My mom and I were absolutely amazed and thoroughly disgusted I might add. I've been contemplating posting the pictures I took - but they're pretty nasty and I don't want anyone to lose their last meal before reading this entry.

I thought my mom and I's were bad, but it was nothing compared to Teresa and her Redheads. The lady said that their's was due to so much grease in their diet. You could literally see the grease floating at the top. Teresa had snot in hers from her chronic sinus infections. She even knew that Jon had problems with his joints that would lead to arthritis from what came out of his and told him he HAD to start drinking more water and take vitamins.

It was a very eye-opening experience to say the least and it has got me examining everything from what I eat, to how much water I drink, to how much exercise I get, to quitting smoking. Nothing quite like seeing chunks of black crap (tar) and nicotine (a yellow hued substance) coming out of your feet to get you serious about knocking that particular bad habit out.

I would recommend it to anyone! It's truly inspired me to really quit - I'll be looking into getting the NicoDerm CQ patch tomorrow and I only smoked two cigarettes today. I've been doing pretty good with exercising regularly. Been doing good with what I eat - but the water drinking has got to improve; apparently you're supposed to drink HALF your body weight in water, measured in ounces. So if you way 120lbs, you're supposed to drink 60oz of water. I think if I buy a bunch of those naturally flavored waters I would do better - I love those. It's just straight water that I seem to have such a hard problem with.

Anyway, my mom and I have another appointment at 9:00am a week from today. Over time, it's supposed to clear your system, layer-by-layer of the bad stuff that is just floating around in there and you really start feeling a difference in your energy levels and over-all well being. Maybe after a while, I'll post like a "before" and "after" type of deal to show the difference. Donna, the salon lady, said it does get better with time.

But enough of that. And sorry if I grossed any of you out. You've really got to try it though - it is unbelievable!

I went to lunch with Teresa and Jon then came home and took a nap. I was absolutely wiped out by 3:00pm given the fact that I got about three hours of sleep last night. I could not sleep - was too anxious and worried about my mom. So I took a nap, then went out to Teresa's for dinner and watched Bevery Hills Cop - funny ass movie (starring Eddie Murphy).

Got home around 8:00pm to see my dad watching "his" show - Nashville Star. Which I seriously don't get and it cracks me up because he cannot STAND country music. But he loves that show - a total oxymoron. In any case, we did our duty and called in to vote for David St. Romaine for him (if any of you follow the show as well) and then my mom and I played some yahtzee online.

She went to bed and I was checking my email when someone started banging on the door. J, one of my dad's employees, was fighting with his wife again. It's frickin -10F outside right now and he WALKED two and a half miles in it (they live on the outskirts of town) before a Sheriff's Office deputy picked him up and dropped him at our house. At that point, he'd already been walking in the snow and freezing cold for about two hours. Poor guy. I fixed him some hot chocolate and since the queen-sized air mattress is still set up behind the couch in the living room from when Ray was here, we put some blankets down for him. My mom heard the ruckus and got up so she was able to give him a pair of my dad's sweats and a t-shirt to sleep in instead of his wet clothes. He smoked a cigarette and we talked for a bit, then I shut the lights off, and dimmed the lights over the kitchen sink so he could see if he needed to, but not enough to keep him from sleeping.

It seriously just broke my heart. Unlike Ray, he wasn't sitting there bad-mouthing his wife or down-talking her in any way. He just looked... crushed that they were fighting and kind of... resigned? Defeated? It was very sad. They've been having problems for quite a while now and while I'm not going to go into them because it's really none of my business, I will say that I'm very glad he knows he can bang on our door at any time - day or night - and he'll have a place to stay.

You know, I've kind of been wondering at my difference in attitude regarding Ray and Jerry and I think that really, a part of it, is that Jerry truly wants to make things work with his wife. They have two little boys together and they love one another very much. There's just some... differences... they need to work out. I was raised in a home where it was/is very obvious how much my parents love each other. They've had their fair share of arguments - but even when they've been arguing, I have NEVER heard either one of them talk shit about the other - to us or anyone else.

So it really, really, bothers me when I hear other couples do that to one another. I think it shows complete disrespect and it's just adding to whatever the root problem is. Stick to the issue - don't fight dirty by name-calling and bad-talking one another to your children or other people, you know?

I guess the whole vibe I get from the two men regarding their wives and current situation/issues is entirely different.

But okay, moving on again.

I came back upstairs and seen that Shane (my gay cuddle-buddy from GJ) had signed on. He had called me the other day and left a voicemail but I hadn't got back with him yet. So I sent him a message, which led to the discovery that Jon was there with him. He has just moved to Denver into his own apartment and is going to college there. Jon and Shane are two of the greatest guys I know and I love them to pieces. The messaging led to a phone call where I was on speakerphone and we were all laughing, talking, catching one another up on what's been going on. Jon is going back to GJ for school this Saturday. He just returned from an internship with Disney World and was jazzed about it. I do believe I'll be taking a trip to GJ Saturday to see him as he asked me to pleaes come down. I also have a standing invitation to go see Shane in Denver, but we're going to have to wait till spring for that one because of the winter conditions and roads. But I just heart them both. They always make me laugh. The first thing Shane says when I called was, "Okay sexy, you've got one of those 1-900 voices and I really think you should just forget about this whole healthcare career thing and have phone sex with strangers for money. You'd make bank, girl!"

I just laughed and was like, "yeah whatever... maybe for those freaks that like school kids since I sound like I'm 13!"

I told him about how I had written in my journal about how he was my "cuddle buddy from GJ" and how he loved my boobs, even though he was flaming gay. In the best possible sense, of course. And he goes, "oh honey... you haven't seen anything yet! I've gotten even gayer - I'm wearing girl jeans now and I am a TOTAL bottom."

Then Jon told me about how he'd finally made up his mind that he's bi-sexual. He was having a bit of a... sexual identity crises in college - he wasn't sure which sex he liked. So now, he's decided on both. I called him a greedy bastard and told him that anyone he dates is going to have a security issue because NO ONE would be safe around him. To which he laughed. And laughed. And laughed some more.

Good friends, good times :).

I can't wait to see them!!

I think I might go back to MSC this fall - they do have the #1 Nursing Program in the state; hence why I picked it the first time around. Plus, I already have friends that are still there, I'm familiar with the area, and I have family down there too. I'd be able to see Little Shadow and the other kids any time and would have a little security with knowing that I'm only two hours away from home and if it's a major jam, I've got an aunt and uncle there. PLUS, I'm already certified in the state of Colorado for Nursing Assistant and I doubt I would have any problems getting a job at one of the two major hospitals down there or in one of the nursing homes. They constantly need CNA's and my aunt already said that I'd get on with no problem at the nursing home she works at. It just makes logical sense, don't ya think?

Well, Mike told me that my entries get too long at times, so I'm going to wrap this up given the fact I think it's probably pretty long already. By the way, this is nothing I do on purpose - sometimes I just have a lot to say and sometimes I just type so friggin fast I don't have any idea how long it's getting!

Oh, and uhm... if anyone is wondering, my mom had her ultrasound this morning. They didn't see any gall stones which was a possibility. They couldn't (or wouldn't) tell her any more than that and it will probably be about a week or so before we know anything. I'll keep everyone updated.

Hugs to you all!

5 comments:

M said...

that foot thing sounds absolutely amazing! Can that really be true? How does it come out? Ear Candling does something similar.

Unknown said...

YOU were the one who said the entries were long, I just agreed with you :P

Brat

Sarah said...

How much did the foot thing cost?

Amber said...

Mez: I'm telling you, it was INSANE. I only half-hearted believed it until I seen it with my own eyes. I need to do some research on exactly HOW it works because I'm not really sure. I just know it does!

Mike: Ha! Same difference! Besides that, I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say, bounces off of me and sticks to you. So there. (Elementary School fight flashbacks, anyone? Heehee).

Sarah: It only cost us $20.00/person here. I'm not sure how much it would cost anywhere else, but it couldn't vary that much, right? In any case, it's very much worth it!

Steph said...

I really don't get how toxins can come out your feet!