Thursday, January 4, 2007

A Picture of Me

Cody called me tonight but I didn't get to my cell in time to answer. When I did, the battery was gone so I hurriedly wrote his number down to call him back on the house phone. This entire process took about two minutes and then there was knock on the door - it was him. I guess he was calling to let me know he was coming over.

Anyway, we visited for about another two hours. Then he took off and I realized my lighter had disappeared so I used that as an excuse to call him and see if he had stolen it. We ended up chatting for another fifteen minutes or so on the phone. I told him he had seemed distracted and was wondering if everything was okay. He said, "yeah, I was just trying to think of something to talk about because we talked for 7.5 hours last night!" I'm like, "yeah, but you can talk about random stuff. You seemed like something was on your mind - so what was it?" He goes, "I'm not telling!" We went back and forth about that for a few minutes then he said he'd give me a hint what it was about and said, "I was thinking about the first subject we talked about last night." Given the fact that there were PG-13 ears in the room, I said the "s-e-x subject?" He laughed and said "yeah." So we flirted around that for a bit, then he invited me to lunch tomorrow.

He's supposed to come hang out tomorrow night, too.

I'm still in the whole "hmm... well, this is interesting" stage. And kind of like, "okay, what in the hell is going on here" stage too. But I'm ignoring the last one. He's leaving for Florida on Friday and he goes out to sea for 46 days at the end of March and won't be back until the 4th of July. I'm not really looking for a relationship and not a long-distance one either. I don't even know what he thinks. It kind of feels like we're just walking on eggshells around one another with that part of it.

In any case, I'll be content with good friend at the very least. He really has turned out to be a great guy; we've known each other since high school and I had no idea he'd turn out to have such a good head on his shoulders and be such a genuine person all the way around. But I'm glad he did :).

So... I've done a lot of introspection of myself on my blog. Figuring out who and what I am - or trying to at least.

I've discovered a new passion: photography. I've been taking a ton of pictures with the new digi and trying to figure out all the settings and what not. In any case, I took a picture of myself and I'm not... being conceited. I'm just looking at what the camera captured and wondering why I feel like I'm staring at a stranger. It's a really disconcerting feeling - like you're staring at a woman and you know it's you, but somehow, it doesn't feel like it. I don't know if I'm making much sense. Anyway, this is the picture I took of myself that I keep looking at, trying to figure out why I feel like I'm staring into the eyes of a woman I've never connected with before.

I guess I've never paid much attention to my appearance. And now I feel like I've been thrust into this sudden curiosity as to how I view myself and what others see when they look at me. Has anyone else gone through this or am I just freakin' weird? Because if that's the case, it's really not all that surprising, haha.

Anyway, it looks like I have two "kind of" dates with Cody tomorrow. UhmHmm... is really all I can think about that! But wish me luck anyway.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I downloaded a program to help me resize photos. Here's the one I tried to post of Cody:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

7 comments:

Amber said...

And this picture got cut off in the middle too! DAMMIT! Anybody at all know how to fix this...?

M said...

I have no idea how to fix it but you're a stunner, doll (I'm talking 1940s starlet!). :)

SuvvyGirl said...

Cody looks like the guy that played in the first American Pie movie. :) Great picture of you too hun!! Now if I could only look that good in pictures. I had some weight to lose prior to being pregnant, don't want to see what I"ll be like after the baby. Oh well, at least it's something that can be changed. Best wishes witht he Cody thing. There's just something about military guys sometimes. :P Hugs!!

Sarah said...

Purty :)And I have felt that way before, weirdo :)

Oh and both pics of the boy show up fine on my screen.

Anonymous said...

I love the differences in slang and terminology even though we speak the same language.

"We visted for two hours". In Oz, we'd say "we vegged out for two hours". The same meaning but not nearly as cute.

Same as the photos.

Amber said...

Mez: Thank you for starting my day off on that really great (even if it is a bit exaggerated, haha) compliment! It made me blush and put a smile on my face before I had even fully woken up.

Suvvy: Almost ALL men are hot once they're in a uniform, hehe. And what's a few pounds when you're going to get a beautiful bundle of joy? I'm so excited for you hun! :)

Sarah: Ha! Takes a weirdo to know a weirdo...err.. something. Thank you for the compliment as well! And I finally figured out that people with a regular computer can see the pics. My screen is just smaller since it's a laptop so it was cutting it off. So simple it made me feel dumb.

Phil: Had to have a little help from Sarah in deciphering your comment but I got it! Thanks for saying I'm cute! LoL

It's really nerve-wracking posting pictures of yourself on the internet for all the world to see. Thank you all for your kind words and making it a little easier to not be quite as self-conscious :).

Unknown said...

I need to get me a uniform.